Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Family!

I've not been bloggin as I've been living in the hospital with Alistair since the last blog. Life has been challenging as his flippin little tongue as loved the roof of his mouth but we are conquering that. Over the last week he has progressed leaps and bounds with movement and breast feeding which is awesome as that is keeping us from getting home. But that last 3 days he has made incredible progress. We did step back a bit the last night and give him more rest at nights (and mom too! Oo these 2 hour stints of sleep give nice black circles under the eyes. how stunning is that. maybe i'll start a new trend!) Anyhow because of the rest he has picked up more during the days. Some times he likes to almost head butt my boob like when two wild rams go at it. Its actually quite comical. I have to continue to see things from this perspective or you go insane. Or i do anyhow. So yep today he started off with a record feed of 78ml and then the next was 58ml...Yippee for that. ...Jason came down last night after a nice trip to Cape Breton to see his sister get married. Or more like it work his butt off to help his sister get married. (He loved every minute of it by the sounds of it!) Anyhow for the first time ever Alistair and mom and dad all got to sleep in the same room together as the rooms have a double bed. So nice! Its wonderful having J here just to put his arm around me and hold Alistair in the middle of the night, change his diaper, or just chat to his wife. Flip I can't imagaine being a single mom going thru all of this.... Anyhow it looks like 2 more weeks to me is my guesstamit on the whole thing before we can head home. jason has about a months worth of work down here so we'll likely stay down here for a month after discharge as he'll start the work around then. It'll be nice as then I'll continue to be close to a pediatrician if need be who is familiar with him. I Just asked Dr Earl to take his care and he was willing which is wonderful as he's so family orientated with a lovely bedside manner. Just what this mama needs at the moment....Sandra you asked about nicknames well it seems that MacAlistair has stuck here and there with Grandma hedges and several nurses. It just comes up out of the blue. I just call him Mr Milkface or Little Man But warning no AL or Jason will let you know promptely this is not going to fly! Mind you I'm not keen on Al either!....O yes and I call him my little parasite as this kid has sucked all the fat off me. I'm now down to 175lbs which is pretty much my preprego weight. Apart from not having fries and focusing on healthy choices I havent really tried too too hard. The odd weight lifting and sit up but no intense regime. So that is a nice little treat for this mama. ...Well I had better head out back to the hosptial. Jason and I just popped back to the farm for a little break. K cheers Peps!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Soon you will be home with your new family!!! YAY!
    We have all been sick this week...it is horrible! I am just starting to feel better, and it was Rocco's first cold! :( Not fun for the little guy. So no visits until we are 1000%!!
    I will try and call your mom this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just got home from Van. We had a great time. Lots of visiting with family, shopping, went on the boat with George( that was my favorite part) Stanley park and the Games.
    It was a nice time but good to get home and slow down a bit. The girls were ready to come home and excited to see us. Wren had also had enough being held and carted around in the stroller.
    Well glad to hear things are progressing I have to talk to you soon. You will have to let me know when and at what number I can get a hold of you.
    Later Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Julie;
    Sounds like he is doing well. He is just so cute and is getting a little puggy from all that good breast milk. Keep up the breast feeding!! It's a battle sometime with all the opinions but keep it up and it will be the best for him. You are such a good mom and each stage for you will be so much fun. Our house is to lock up. Just some siding to be done on the south side of our house under the deck. It's good to be home for a few weeks. We will go back mid sept and then clean the lot up for the winter. We will have to stop in to see the kids in Calgary..esp Alyana!
    bye for now Phyllis

    ReplyDelete