Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Transition


More big changes and developments today! First of all we got moved out of NICU to the Pediatrics Unit. I thought the rooms in the NICU were phenomenol well heck you should check out the Peds Unit here in PG! Its like a mini Hilton. The rooms are twice as large as those in the NICU. They have a double bed, personal bath and shower, closet, t.v. with a selection of movies and cartoons, sink for bathing, and a crib twice the size with iridescent lights constantly changing color above it! Plus there is a window twice the size letting in some natural light to keep me sane. All I can say is its absolutely amazing. I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow and post them up so you get a better idea. How wonderful for any family that is there long term. What a way to stay sane....Its funny the transition up to Peds is wonderful for my brain and they are definitely more focused on the reality of transitioning to life outside of the institution. Things are not quite as cookie cutter as the NICU but I'd have to say thats what a NICU needs to be. I'm looking forward to bunking in there tomorrow........The other big news is Alistair took FOUR consecutive and substantial feeds today plus had a bath. It totally blew me away as he usually can only handle one substantial feed and then takes a break or a mini feed. We've only had two substantial feeds in one day so this is big big big. I don't know if moms stress level yesterday kicked him into gear or the fact they took him off the caloric supplement they were adding to his feeds, or perhaps he was just ready for the next step. Anyhow whatever the case he's made this mama a happy camper. I'm actually on a high because of it! Bonus for me.....The blue platupus in the picture was given to Alistair by the peds unit when we arrived. Kinda cute hey!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie!

    Such exciting changes! I bet you can't wait to be home with babe, Jason and puppies...it's getting so close!

    All the best!

    Caley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Woolly,

    Oh,...I love the new platapuss? (sp?)He is soo cute, both platty & alistair. I see he is off the 02 in some of the pictures, is this more progression? or just a break? Just wondering what are the next steps before you & Alistair head further North? We (the gals in ER) monitor this blog like some hit reality show, we miss you so mucho! Can't wait to fit in a good long visit & chatt session!

    Soo have any nicknames emerged in Alistairs first months?

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete