Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Heading North?! and NO O2!

Ya so they are back on the topic of heading North again and it may just be tomorrow! So again its all dependent on whether there is still a bed in PG ( I've got my fingers crossed!) and whether the transport team is available. Like I've said before Alistair and I would be at the bottom of the list for transporting if anything critical came up in BC. So heres hoping it is a smooth day for BCs kids!...I'm also THRILLED to say that Alistair has been off oxygen all day and doing wonderfully! He didn't even need a whiff of oxygen tonight when we did an 11 minute stint of breastfeeding. He's starting to realize he can give himself a break and the boob isn't going to run off in the meantime. He still has the little circle stickers on his face incase he needs some oxygen support. Those things are darn sticky and its better not having them pulled on and off those delicate little cheeks.....we got moved from our private room to a quiet but larger shared room today hence the picture with Alistair and all his gear. Cribs can definitely be convenient for other purposes! ....Its quite sweet really. Alistair and I have had quite a few visitors from different health care staff, especially now that our stay is coming to a close. One of the respiratory therapists told me that his situation is being used as a model for prepping for CDH kids. I guess they were completely prepared for all the possibilites: meds, oscillatory vent, teams of people, etc... They were very happy with how smoothly everything had went with no bumps in the road. He definitely surprised a great deal of people with his incredible progress from day one. People have just come by randomly to check how he's doing since his arrival. He seems to have wrapped a few people around his little fingers! Yahoo to Alistair. ....Well even if we don't head up North tomorrow its going to be darn soon. So here's hoping there still is a bed up there as that would cause the biggest delay! K well I had better get off this silly thing and get packing and cleaning! Cheers to all~ Julie Oooo so todate I've lost THIRTY POUNDS! ( I gained 40 ) So I celebrated with a chocolate croissant and vanilla been latte. Mmmmm scrummy!....Alistair is 7lbs 9 oz today

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie:
    I am so happy for you all that Alistair is doing so well, nursing and gaining weight. He is such a beaitiful little man. All the best as you soon will be travelling north. I know Lis will be happy to have you there, and of course easier for Jason.. Have a great day..........Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! Can't wait to see you!! I am so excited!!!!
    Good for you losing most of your baby weight! It helps that you are producing milk like crazy!! It is like doing an hour of cardio...no joke!!!
    Rocco and I are official done B/F...2 weeks now! sniffsniff!!
    See you soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the picture of him sleeping. He is just so handsome!

    Hugs, Chantelle

    ReplyDelete