Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WARNING! You SICK no VISIT




Yeppers this is the protective mother writing! Just figured since we've headed North we may start to see more people for visitors which is great! HOWEVER, since Alistair's system is still quite vulerable and will be for some time I just want it to be very clear that I'd appreciate you not coming by if....your not feeling well, a bad cold or flu is going about in your family, or you haven't figured out that washing your hands is the best way for you and others to stay healthy! Plus when you do come to visit even if we are home by then I will ask you to wash your hands when you come over. I just want to give our little guy the best chance to strengthen his whole system before he has to start fighting off a bunch of bugs. I know its also inevitable that he will eventually get a cold or flu but for now I'd like to keep that from happening. So yep YOU SICK NO VISIT! I'm sure this seems obvious but I'd just like people to be aware that I am very serious about this and make sure its in peoples minds when they are considering coming over. The last thing Alistair's little lungs need is to deal with pneumonia or something! So thats my BIG WARNING. So don't take offense if I ask you to wash your hands or not smother him with a ton of kisses! Cuddles are allowed but you may get asked to put a gown on (at the hospital). K thanks for understanding people. .......As for Alistair he's doing great. He is back on a tad of O2 like 2ml as he just wants to desat a bit too much. That amount of O2 is really just a wiff. He's really getting into the breast feeding thing though about 50% of the time we're succeeding now which is a bonus all around. We're starting to do tummy time to try and strengthen his core muscles, hand stimulation exercises, and visual exercises. Its fun to see all the little changes. So back again tonight for a midnight feed......I got pretty spoiled today. Mom took me out for breakfast, my friend Becca took me out for lunch, and I came home and was served supper! Mmmm The pounds may not just keep falling off if I keep this up! Anyhow it was a great day all around. ......The picture above with Alistair and his funky ear phones is him getting a hearing test in which he PASSED. His first test ever! LOL...They are still going to redo it again in 9 months due to his congenital history but that was nice to have that pass. I didn't have any doubts but I've learned to not be surprised with anything.
K well better head back into town!
Cheers Julie

3 comments:

  1. Way to go mom. Good to see no apologies for being a solid, protective parent.

    We were away on a holiday so we "missed" all of Alistair's changes. So good to see you are in proximity to Grandma. Little one is looking rounder and sweeter by the day. He's a trooper. . . all our best wishes as he grows day by day.
    Eloise and Jeff and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hopefully I will be over this cold by the time you get home. Summer cold suck! I am the only one who has it so hopefully the others stay cold free.
    The Girls are dancing to I like to move it. Hailey dances with my shirts on a hanger it is quite funny. I have put together 5 song for them to dance to while I go on the computer. Although the girls love watching the videos of Alistair and they say look baby baby.
    Wren is changing so much this month ...crawling, eating, sitting up Ahh being .attacked by three crazy girls talk to you soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAha...you just said everything I was thinking when people came to visit Rocco when he was freshly baked out of the oven!!!
    He was born in Oct....just the start of cold and flu season! Yuck! I was really worried he was going to get sick from all the hands all over him! But guess what....your breast milk will help give him super powers! He already is a little super hero!!
    But ya...really feeling you on the hand washing and no kisses (Unless your mama/dada,etc.)! That is just a no no until he is pretty much crawling and eating dog crap HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete