Monday, August 10, 2009

Mr. Milkface!!!!





It was a hard day today having to put Jason back on the plane for Northern BC. I was so hoping that we'd be going North as well this week but it sounds like we will still be delayed till next week . The team just really doesn't want to jump the gun and cause us to back track. So as I've probably said over and over the goal is to get Alistair breast feeding on a regular basis before we head out of here. Well today he blew me away. I decided to stay late and see how he was at 9pm. Well he woke up and really started rootin around. I had lucked out and had a keen nurse on all day plus I was given a bunch of pointers from a lactation consultant. So utilizing those tips with a keen little munchkin Alistair latched in no time. And to my utter surprise he didn't stop or let go for 12 minutes! We had to turn up his oxygen as he started to get a tad dusky but he was game to keep on going so we just gave him a bit of assistance to go along with his eagerness. So again a very happy mother and a super happy kid with a major milk face! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Yay Julie!!! That's such amazing news that he latched on for 12 minutes!! Until I had my boys I had no idea that there was a learning curve and it was work for Mom and baby to latch properly. Kudos to you... I can only imagine how thrilled you are! It's great to see his little face without any tubes on... he is such a beautiful boy. You must be so proud. Sorry to hear that you are going to be delayed another week from heading home. Take it one day at a time and know that each and every day he will be stronger. Love and hugs,

    Trisha, Jay, Callan and Baby Soren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sorry I missed your call, went to Grande Prairie for the night and seen James and family. It was a quick over night to grab some parts and do a little shopping. It is great to see Alistair free of tubes he looks great! Talk to you soon.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo amazing watching the video of you bathing Alistair, *tears*. I'm overwhelmed with joy for you, Jason and the new little addition to the family! He's just like his mama,likes the water, eh? Way too funny and sweet watching him take it all in.
    Looking forward to meeting him in person,
    xox Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the picture of alistair without the tubes! hes soo cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice little baby so cute

    ReplyDelete