Saturday, August 15, 2009

Better Brain

Yeppers as I figured the brain just needed some sleep and I feel a whole lot better about everything. Last night I went in at midnight and with persistence finally got Alistair to feed for about 10min. It truly is more a learning curve for me then him I think. He's totally game all the time where I have to figure out how to get the milk to him. ya ya it sounds much easier than it is...believe me! Anyhow I'm sure learning alot on how to get through difficult breastfeeding patches. I'll be more on my game with helping moms when I'm back into the whole nursing world thats forsure! Anyhow it was nice to have some success after a mentally and physically draining 24 hours. I stayed in with Alistair and woke at 6am for another success. Then I headed home to mom's farm for breakfast. I had planned to get back for noon but I totally crashed and didn't wake up till 1230. I definitely needed that...............WOOHOOO Jason surprised me and just drove down the driveway will have to add more later!! .......Jason and I went in last night for 9pm and of course Alistair was zonked and pissy and didn't let mom show off our new skills. Anyhow this morning we went in for a 9am and noon feed and both times he latched and fed well. The noon feed he actually took 52 mls so almost a full feed from mama. He looks great and at this rate he may come home sooner than later. I think I'm going to have to room in permanently as he is accelerating quickly. So bonus for us. Its great having Jason about and being so close that he can just pop down for a surprise. Life is getting so much closer to normal. LOVE IT! Well I'm going to have to start blogging about something other than breast feeding as I'm sure its getting quite old for a lot of you. Which really is a bonus too! LOL Well I still am finding it surreal to be back north. Its great to only have 3 sets of lights to go through to get home rather than 20 or more that always seemed to be red when I hit them. I couldn't believe when we left the hosptial last night that there was absolutely no other human body in sight. No cars, no people walking, no planes, NOONE! Yes its a novelty! Well I hope you all had a great weekend....I DID! Cheers Julie Here's some pics of Alistair departure! and the short and sweet visit from our buds in England when they passed thru vancouver

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are persisting with the breastfeeding! I endured 2 bouts of mastitis and numerous plugged milk ducts...good thing I am as stubborn as a mule! LOL!
    Glad you both made it home safe and that you are a little more rested!
    Isn't it nice not to encounter a traffic jam every time you leave...cities are nice to visit, but nice to leave too! :)
    Talk to you soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey can't wait to have you back in fort st john so we can see Alistair in person. Mind you I feel like I already know him! Well take care and good luck breast feeding!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules
    Just catching up with your blog after being away for 10 days. Wow, the changes & progress....and the chubiness!! So happy to hear you're both doing well. Soon FSJ??
    Hugs
    Maureen xo

    ReplyDelete