Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time to Recoup

Yep I finally decided to step back and stay at home over night and recoup. I suddenly realized how mentally and physcially drained I have become when I saw someone breastfeeding and started to well up with tears. Mmm yah break time. So tonight after a unsuccess breastfeeding attempt I headed home to stay overnight. I'm so thankfull that I have such a rejuvenating place to come home to. Mom had home made macarroni and chesse for me and then I headed out back for a walk with the dogs. Just the smell of cut grass alone does wonders for the brain.....Its amazing how the brain just gets working overtime. i realized that I had been extremely concerned with the recent desat (or low O2) levels that Alistair would go thru. Well today a nurse on the verge of retirement came him while Alistair was desating and said you sometimes have to push pretty hard on his cheeks but he's likely just sticking his tongue on the top of his mouth! YES his bloomin tongue! Well this mama had gone through pre and post lung issues in her head with the possibilty of lung spasms etc and it seems that it all had to do with his flippin tongue! Ooo what a relief that was. I think that just made my armour come off as I am constantly prepared for a critical issue to appear. Anyhoo hopefully and likely thats all that it was as as soon as she did that whoop up came the sats from 82% to 94% (thats really good)...Well I forgot to bring my battery charger with me today so no new pics. Its charging now so maybe tomorrow. ......Well I'm thinking of my sis in law whose prepping for her big wedding day this Sat in Cape Breton! Hopefully the weather cooperates with that silly hurricane coming in down south! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Bonita! Cheers Julie

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Hope you had a good night in your old bed ... nothing beats a night at home! Good to hear the low O2 thing is under control. Can't wait to see new pictures...You will have to keep up this blog forever I look every night before I go to bed and a few times throughout the day if nothing is posted. Anyway can't wait to see you two, I know it will be soon.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being north again!!! should have been checking up on you (we have a no computer policy on holidays?) as we were just through PG - my loss, he looks great and oh sooooo beautiful. see you soon..and call if you need anything...Shelley

    ReplyDelete