Saturday, August 22, 2009

Visitors!


Yep today was family visitor day! My brother George drove out from Edmonton for the weekend and hung out with us in the room for 3 or so hours AND brought food! : ) Then my cousin's wife Donna and two of her kids came by, as well as my cousin Jaclyn and her husband Daine. So I really had the opportunity to show off my little man. Kinda fun and surreal to be showing off Mr Milkface to all my family. Makes it seem all the more real to be closer to home. ....They stepped up his feeds now to every 4 hours. All the slow transition to get him to reality. So two out of the three feeds we had success. I have found I have to be quick on the draw or he totally wears himself out and gets very pissy! So mom is learning. We did have a great success though. He fed his max of 60ml today so we didn't even top him up with the machine. Whoop Whoop. Sorry just can't help but talk about the breast feeding....As for me the brain got feeling much better after I stayed home and had a bit of recoup. Yesterday morning mom and I were sitting out in the family room which has huge glass windows and the birds were going crazy outside with all the saskatoon berries. Well unfortunately they kept slamming into the windows which brought me back to when I was a kid as each time they hit I ran down stairs and found these poor little feather fellas. Then I'd run up and stick them up in the bird feeders to recoup. Fortunately two of the three got their marbels back and flew off in time. Yahoo for me!...O I had another scare yesterday. The OT has given me advice on massaging Alistair for stimulation and body awareness for Alistair due to his institutionalized life. So I massaged away with some lovely oil following a guide given by the OT. Then I stuck him in his little swing for a good while. Well when I took him out his whole right shoulder was severely bruised. I was like O SHYT he has a bleeding disorder now! Well when I stepped back and thought about it for a second. I grabbed a wash cloth and yep the ink from the silly chair had transferred to his skin due to the oil! O gaud! What a nut case I am! So yes he's all good.....Mom is feeling better. I just need to remember to CHILL OUT!....


No comments:

Post a Comment