Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Grandma and Nana!!!






Hey Folks yep this girl is still bloggin when she gets a chance but there is just no net at the hospital so I have to make it out of the hospital to accomplish that! Yep its a live and breath the hospital situation. Mind you I've done a few lunch dates etc to keep me partially sane.....Had a great surprise Nana Johnson decided to come for a visit yesterday from Manitoba. So needless to say Alistair is getting a ton of cuddles and verbal direction. LOL .....Alistair is definitely progressing with the breast feeding thing but it is slow and a bit of a rollarcoaster ride. Yesterday he did fabulous with 8 breast feeds during the day and no top ups and 6 of those were 50ml plus feeds. So super bonus there. But of course he had to show whose boss today and realed his little head with every feed making it an incredibly painful experience for both of us. So I finally decided this afternoon I needed to head out to the farm and chug a Strongbow with my feet up. So that's exactly what I did. But man does it ever pull on the little heart strings as he lays there blinkin his itty bitty eyes at me as I walk out....Rmmmm We did try to work with that by attempting the "car seat challenge" today so that I could take him off site on breaks but no luck. The little munchkin decided to fail that one. Whats the test? Well he had to sit in the carseat for one hour and keep his oxygen sats up (the amount of O2 circulating in his blood) It should be at least about 90% and he went down to %81 at times. But the silly reason is due to his bloomin tongue! RRR again. He had just been fed and then he crashed right after. I put him in the car seat and went into a super deep sleep and yep there went the test! O well I just have to keep on trying and one day it will happen. My cousin said today before you know it you will blink and it will be all passed...well i am blinkin up a storm and we're still in the hospital! : ) ....It was nice though as you can see by the pic we got to head outside. That was lovely. I have to say he hated the sun beating down with a passion as he's use to mellow lit rooms so that was a tad of a shocker for the little guy. However, it sure is a nice way to switch up the day. ....Well I am heading back to the unit tonight to attempt a midnight feed prior to crashing. Heres hoping he decides to make a good latch and not get overwhelmed with my milk supply. At times the poor guy appears to be under a milk supplying shower facet. For some reason taht tends to piss him off a tad....LOL K ...Enjoy the pics Cheers Julie

1 comment: