Friday, August 7, 2009

All together again!

Well it was absolutely wonderful today to pick up Jason at the airport and have the two most important men in my life with me in the same room. To top it off we had the privacy of our own room which was great in itself. It just makes it all feel that much closer to the real thing of being home. We pulled the curtain and were in our own little bubble. Jason could definitely see big changes since he left with mom 2weeks ago: increased activity level, more alert, chubbier.... ...At 3pm today the OT came to help with the latch. Alistair surprised us all! In minutes he was sucking away like he had gotten the latch thing down pat weeks ago. After about 5 min he was totally knackered but very content. So we decided we'd try again at 9pm. Not as much luck with the latch but definitely the interest. He seemed a tad pooped. So now we'll step it up a notch and see if he'll preform at 9am, noon, and 9pm. It could be a bit too agreesive but you don't know until you try. So no more sleeping in for this lady! It is just great to know he can actually get the hang of the boob thing even if he's not into it each time. It sure made this mama grin from ear to ear though once I realized he was getting a true feed......The respiratory therapist was in early today and turned the oxygen down even more to 10cc and he coped very well.....So again lots of headway again today! .....The great thing is if Alistair can get a grip on this whole latch/breast feeding thing and cope better and better with it this means our chances of getting home are that much sooner! ....I keep telling myself to slow down and not expect too much but then Alistair knocks me off my feet with all this headway......Yeppers mama is very very happy and of course so is his papa as this means we are that much closer to being a happy family At HOME! K sorry the video is dark but thought you eager beavers would like it anyways! CHEERS JULIE

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for the three of you to be together again. I am very happy for you. Best wishes love auntie Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome and is looking so great....hope I can come and visit before you head home. Call me when you get a chance... I am up late if that is a better time for you. Any time, let me know if you need something...love Barb

    ReplyDelete