Friday, August 14, 2009

Wild Trees! and No Traffic!

Sorry no photos yet! I'm just running about with my head cut off and a lack of sleep. I got away about 10pm last night and stopped in Cache Creek at about 2am. I was too cheap to rent a motel and I really just wanted a kip. So I parked with all the other people who are too cheap and rested my head on a breast feeding pillow for about 3 hours. At 530 I was raring to go after using Bonita's breast pump. That definitely puts a delay on the road trip this whole boob thing! Anyhow it was a great time to get on the road. No construction is started, all the campers are still parked, and its just a refreshing time to start when the suns coming up. I definitely appreciated the wide open space, lack of traffic jams, and all the WILD trees! it was nice to see a lack of grooming going on. I also benefited from not drinking coffee during the pregnancy as it sure gives me a good jump start in these situations. I finally rolled into moms at PG about 1030am. Brushed the toothers and headed to the hosptial. It will definitely take a few days to adjust to our new environment. New staff, new system, different plans, different expectations,....It was very obvious to me I needed to sleep after I started to shed some tears when I heard the doc had stopped Alistairs polysporin drops for his eyes! ACK what a basketcase ...Anyhow it will be great...just a matter of transitioning. Alistair also looked a bit blue and mottled looking which put me back too. I guess the change of altitude is a little hard on these gaffers. However his O2 sats were good and he was not struggling to breath plus he was back on O2 like I was told would happen. By the end of the day he was looking better. Probably helped not looking through blurry eyeballs. ....The physical side of the PG NICU is unreal. Its brand new as per the last 2 years. Alistair's room is bigger than my bedroom growing up as a kid. Yah they're all private rooms and I even have a permanet bed made up for me. AND A WINDOW! Alistairs first time with natural light. The charge nurse was telling me that makes them look bluer too?!?!?! Not quite sure about that one. ... Ya but beautiful layout. I got in a sleep at the hosptial with Alistair between attempts at breast feeding which was a total lose today. At least we got in some snuggling. I'm now heading back in to sleep at the hosptial tonight with Alistair so I can attempt a feed at midnight and 6am. We'll see how it goes......And no I won't wear myself out you guys!.....So ya very lovely to be in the north again. Like I said its nice to see all the wild trees and have a lack of traffic. When I figure out how to add pics on moms computer tomorrow or something you'll get some visuals.
K night peps~ Julie

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear you made it safe and sound! I really enjoy reading your blog! Just finished a sappy movie and getting ready for bed. Hope you get a good nights rest.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie
    Glad you made it safe and sound, but I'm sure you need to catch up and recharge the batteries! Fantastic that you have made the first move! Guess it will be hard having differing opinions on what's best for Alistair, especially after feeling so safe and secure at the first unit, but I am sure you will soon settle into this one too, and it will be so nice to have family support too. And even better, you can have sleepovers at the hospital too, which will definately give you more breastfeeding opportunities once Alistair gets used to the new surroundings.
    Well, you just make sure you get some needed rest too, and take care.
    Lots of love from Lisa, Harold and Emma. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it up there safe and sound! It will be wonderful to be surrounded by family as you make the transition with Alistair home!

    Keep in touch!
    Alyshia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie and Alistair good to hear you guys are closer to home it was figgin hot here at Rod and polly's yesterday 36. Bonita had her girl's night out last night and it looked like she had fun mow she's still sleeping it off 1100am right now. any can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete