Friday, July 31, 2009

Weight Gain!

Well I am so super glad that Alistair is finally packing on the pounds again. He gained a whole 60 grams in 24 hours. It all made sense to me why he was loosing weight and I was told it wasn't alarming etc BUT I guess I have nothing better to do then to be a bit of a worry wort. So worry I did. They did start him on a caloric supplement just to boost him a tad as like I said before they can't give him full feeds for his weight as he doesn't tolerate it yet so they have to beef up the milk. Mind you he is on 55 ml every 3 hours. Don't know off hand what a full feed would be for him at this stage but more than he's getting. He's also obviously putting less work into breathing which is nice as well. So bonus bonus bonus. He also had his neuro exam today and the doc feels overall he's doing well. He is a tad hypotonic but he thinks its in regards to the work of breathing and nutritional intake which makes sense to me. Anyhow they are definitely on the ball well assessments here. They are going to be following up with him 4-6 months down the road as well following our discharge. So that will be another trip south from the north. K beddy bye time! Cheers Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment