Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Benefits of Being Prego! : )

I was thinking today of all the benefits of being pregnant when i finally broke down and let someone carry my groceries out to the truck for me! How bizzare did that feel! So i thought I'd write down some of the little benefits I've noticed through out the pregnancy!



  • When you're sweating up a storm people say that you have a beautiful glow that only expecting mothers can have.


  • When you 're stomach is sticking out from under your shirt people comment on "what a cute bump" you have. I'm sure I won't get that the day after I deliver! LOL


  • When you go and stand in line at a public toilet you suddenly get pushed forward in the line even when you don't look desperate. Bonus!


  • Another toilet bonus is you can acquire one ANYWHERE! You just have to walk up with your belly sticking out and people scramble to help you.


  • I've got recipes given to me in all sorts of odd spots. Today I was stopped by a Vietnamese guy in the cereal aisle who explained to me in broken english how he was a chef and had cooked for his wife throughout her pregnancy and gave me his "special chicken" recipe.

  • Only when you're pregnant do people talk to you EVERY time you get into an elevator.

  • When you're pregnant your husband thinks you're a budda goddess!

Can any of you ladies remember the benefits of pregnancy that you'd like to share??

I thought of all you lot over the weekend who were at Matt and Charissa's wedding. I heard it was beautiful and relaxed! Congrats to you Matt & Charrisa!

Well I finally get to see Jason tomorrow after 3 + weeks of being apart. It will be so nice to have him here. Monday morning we will wait for a phone call from a charge nurse at Women's Hospital to let us know if they want us to come in Monday. I'll keep you posted on how things progress as soon as I'm up to getting back on the computer.

Love to All!~ Cheers Julie

2 comments:

  1. I agree!! Enjoy these sweet moments before your life changes forever. Someday you’ll ask yourself what you did before your baby arrived and you’ll hardly be able to remember. I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics aswell! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you picked any baby names yet? You should have a look at http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ where you can search names by meaning and origin, plus its got a list of top 100 names for boys and girls. Hope its helpful - I thought it was great when picking my babies name xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. tx a bunch! My husband actually named him several weeks ago. His name is Alistair Bernard MacMillan. TX again All the best Julie

    ReplyDelete