Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hot Stuff!



Hello Hello!

Another hot one! I spent most of it indoors but when I did go outside at 3ish and 10pm it was still sweltering! I'm just sweating sitting in this apartment with all the windows open. Glad I'm not 90 years old in this heat today. Blah

Well once again I had another long enjoyable day with Alistair. I got to the hospital around 1130 and left about 10pm. I wasn't going to stay so late but as soon as Alistair's night nurse came on the little munchkin beside him needed some immediate extra attention so I just figured I'd hang out with my son in the mean time. We had two long cuddles and again WOW my son is hot stuff! If I didn't know any better I would have figured I was going through early menopause. I was told today that moms body temp rises when cuddling to keep her kidlet warm. Warm we were! True or not I was flippin hot!

Alistair is pluggin along pretty darn good. He had lost weight again tonight so they are going to consider adding a supplement to my milk to get him going in the other direction. They don't really seem to surprised as he has been taking off CPAP and therefore he has to work a lot harder to breath. (yes he's still off the CPAP) In addition they have increased his feeds quite rapidly to 50ml and they figure that the pressure up on his diaphragm increases his workout. Everything at the moment is a bit of a marathon for my little guy. He even has said no to the soother that last couple days as he has been having some reflux (another very common thing with CDH kids) and it seems to gag him more so than give him pleasure. So they have also started him on some ranitidine to help with the reflux. But all in all he's pluggin away nicely.

He seems to have a bit of a fan club at the NICU. Several of the nurses have labeled him "the king" as he sits propped up in his bed. They say he gives directions and they have to follow his orders. "Its all up to him" Anyhow its nice to see so many people that seem genuinely interested in his status.

Well this girl had better go to bed!
Enjoy the little clip
Cheers Julie

2 comments:

  1. Love the videos! He is sooo calm & quiet.
    Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! We are so enjoying his "live" progress...little blinking eyes, and wiggling arms. . .notice that you are calling him "bud". . .got us thinking about all the little names we had for the kids . . hope this list will make you smile. .the range went "bud, buddy, little man, monkey, lee-man, lee-lee, and leemur (as in the little animal-that one stuck to this day!). Cassidy was "birdie, lovie, luv-dove, la-la, cutie-doodie, doll, dolly".

    Eloise Jeff and kids

    ReplyDelete