Monday, July 6, 2009

Induction Update!

Hi!

Its almost 11am here and I thought I'd update you curious folk. I just got a call from the charge nurse here at Womens and all the NICU (neonatal ICU) beds are full. So they are collaborating with the outlying hosptials so that they can send some stable little ones out and make room for Alistair. So in the mean time the antepartum home care nurse will come and take another NST (non stress test) which they've been doing biweekly. Again, thats just them monitoring his little heart and making sure it accelerates with activity and comes back to normal appropriately. Really they are just making sure it does what its suppose to. Anyhow, the charge nurse will give me another jingle around 1pm to let us know what the plan is. So I still may be induced today and again if that happens they'll just keep me in the hospital until Alistair decides to arrive! So hopefully he doesn't diddle dally too much! : ) I must say I like being a nurse much more than a patient!

Jason is here now which is great. I picked him up last night at the airport. The poor guy is exhausted. Of course changing plans down here made life a little hectic for him up north with work. But thanks to brother George and cousin Jessica they were able to finish some roof work in time for Jason to get home, pack, and jump on the plane. So thanks guys! Yes and of course he had to be mid stride on a roof project! Anyhow, he's down here now which make me happy as it means I'll be getting some back rubs. But more importantly he'll be at the bedside for Alistair and I when the time comes. From what we understand Jason will be able to stay with Alistair and his team right after delivery while I get normalized. Which is another great reason that Jason is down!

Well peps thanks for all the notes, phone calls, and E-mails. If I get a chance I'll write another update!

Cheers Julie

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all this week Julie. Take good care. Wishing you some "catch your breath" time with Jason before your little one arrives.

    Eloise, Jeff and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutey gorgeous Julie..Can't wait to meet him My thoughts and prayers are with; you all. Jackie

    ReplyDelete