Friday, September 18, 2009

Vaccinations ACK!

Yessiree we did the good ol' vaccination thing here on Wednesday and my poor little munchkin has not been in his prime since. I have to say it was a lot more uneventful then I had anticipated. I expected to have my kid scream in my ear for an endless period of time but instead he was super P.O'd for about 10 secounds and then FELL ASLEEP! Hmmm He really has coped quite well. We had a couple of spikes in the temp which were controlled easily with a dose of tylenol and a luke warm bath. So that was a definite bonus. However, the feedings have been a lot more challenging. Its not actually the feeding its the post feeding thing thats the issue. Out little man has and will have an issue with reflux for the next year. Since we've been home he has had a few good projectile pukes. But since the vaccination its been after every feed. I'm sitting with him for a least an hour afterwards as he struggles to keep everything down. He gets wriggling and he is either yawning constantly, coughing, or sticking out his tongue super far...and no he's not still hungry. So ya more often then not moms got a cleavage full of slimmy warm milk/mucous! Mmmm lucky me and poor little Alistair. AND yes I have been burping him and he's on an antireflux med...my next step is to try and limit the length of his feeds and do them more often. Although we are already feeding every 2 hours! Anyways, the one bonus is that he still seems to beable to fill his shorts on quite the regular basis. Yahoo for filling shorts!...I have to say even though I was planning on vaccinating all along (Mom personally knew 4 people who acquired Polio) it still was pullling on my heart strings as they filled him with three syringes full of vaccines. Just having heard the horror stories and having seen a couple unfortunate cases where parents swear up and down that their kids are in the state they are due to vaccinations. Ya so its stressful even when you know what you want!...Ahh motherhood...the word stress must be within its definition.....Jason is obviously down in PG again which is wonderful. He seems to love the daddy role which is fantabulous for moi! Yes the man changes diapers, gets up in the middle of the night and walks with him, and smothers him with kisses. ...Jason is taking off again to Red Deer here shortly to take a week long course so that he is "certified" to install and maintain wood burning fireplaces. Just one more thing to add to his repertoire. If you want to check more out on that go to this site http://www.wettinc.ca/what.html .......George was home again which was great. Jason and George did some tearing down on the farm. The little brown house we got married beside had to bite the dust. It was just a tad to rotten in spots and starting to fall over. So a bit of male bonding went on with that......Mom's still in heaven living the high life having her grandbaby in the same house as her. I definitley benefit from all that. More sleeps, good food, and someone to play scrabble with! Well peps I probably should go tidy up a bit. Alistair's stuff seems to be spralled out across the house... Cheers J
George serenading Alistair (sorry its sideways didn't realize I can't rotate videos!)
Alistair dancin to the mobile
playing with great aunt valeries hand me down!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juels!
    Jason looks so cute with his little boy!!! Vaccinations..ugg poor you! Very stressful! Sorry to hear your little guy is having reflux trouble...so not fun for either of you!!
    We are thinking of heading to Jasper for a couple of nights on Oct.16..then Rocco's BDay party planning for the 25th of Oct. I hope this doesn't conflict with the meet&greet...let me know!xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete