Friday, January 22, 2010

Out and About!


ACK!....I had the blog all written up and ZAP it was all gone....so here we go again! Actually that reminds me of back when I was in nursing school and I lost a whole 12+ page paper...you'd think that would teach me to click on the save button on a regular basis!....Anyhooo here we are finally on the outside of a house. My elementry school buddy, Lisa Frisken, heads outside everyday with her one year old Rocco so she gave me the extra little push I needed. I figured Alistair would have a melt down being out in the cool fresh air but instead he was so happy he fell asleep for most of the tour. So now every Thursday Lisa and I are going to tour around town with our matching "Bobs" and get some blood flowing up to the brain. I must say its just another step to promote sanity in this incredible life of motherhood. I actually took him out the next day here on the farm and we four by foured through the solid snow pack to the back pond and did a little slide about on the ice..........The stroller is going to be great for the next time Alistair and I head down to Vancouver which is actually towards the end of March. My NICU friend, Jan Louise, gave me the idea to pack a backpack and a stroller the next time we came down as we then can just hop onto the train that zips within blocks of house. Plus she is only a few blocks from the hospital.
Rocco and Alistair snuggled into the strollers!
Fast asleep

This past weekend was a busy one! My cousin Bo got flown up to PG so that he could do a wheelchair basketball demo during half time of the University Basketball team and also to sign some autographs as an Olympian. When the Olympics were in China the mens team, which Bo is on, won silver and they're planning to win gold in London in 2012! To check out more you can hit this link and you'll get taken to the Canadian Men's Wheelchair Basketball website. http://www.wheelchairbasketball.ca/en/content.aspx?id=57 Rick Mercer also did a show with the team last year and it gives you a little taste of the intensity and strength of the members! Click on this to check it out...http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/ID=1236782028..O yes...and he's back again next weekend to carry the torch.So he's a bit of a busy body.....Anyhooo on top of Bo coming up, Valerie and Jackie (more cousins!) came down from Ft St John for soccer and basketball. AND my bud Sandra Whitney and her husband Les came for a visit and she got me out for a ski. So needless to say Saturday night ended up being a great night for a game of Rumoli and a big feast of ribs! Good times!

Daddy getting giggles

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I haven't checked your blog...or updated mine in FOREVER!
    We had so much fun yesterday! Thanks for the invite! I'm glad I got to meet your amazing cousin, Bo!
    Talk to you soon
    PS Rocco and Alistair look soooo adorable smooshed into their Bob's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "Bo" photos. Thank you so much. I was also able to enjoy all 39 photos on Georgessite that you provided thanks soooooo much auntie rosi

    ReplyDelete