Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ((HUGS))

Alistair lovin his pa!
Alistair's favorite pillow. He does this all the time!
Checkin out his Uncle Lance
Alistair getting cuddles from Auntie Bonita

One healthy and happy familyAlistair is giving out lots of free smiles now
Santa stuffed Alistair's stocking with a brand new stuffie and Uncle George got his very first stuffie in his stocking. Its stuffed with straw! That doesn't show our age I hope!

Christmas Day!

Catching up on the daily news

Alistair getting belly rubs from Uncle George


WOW is there anyone else out there that can not believe that we are no longer in the year of 2009?! HAPPY 2010!!! I have to say that was the fastest, most intense, and emotional year of my life. It also has to be my most unselfish year of my adult life. Up until getting pregnant I did exactly what I wanted when I wanted. Then little Alistair came about and now its all about him. I have to say that part really hasn't been a hard change for me. I am really happy that until now I have lived my life quite selfishly. By doing so I believe its allowed me to be so much more content with life in its present state...... You know I've always heard parents say "I can't imagine my life without our kids" I was always like ya ya ya I've heard that one before. WELL Jason and I just were saying yesterday we can't imagine our life without Alistair LOL! Of course I can remember my life without Alistair and wow do I ever appreciate the time I had on my hands. I can not believe how little time I have to really sink my teeth into anything. Thank goodness for Jason and Mom as I really get good chunks of me time. Todays a good example as Mom's going to take Alistair for a few hours while I go to the local world renown cross country ski hill here in PG. My brother gave me the awesome gift of a seasons pass so I'm going to make at least a once a weekly occurance if possible.....As for Christmas it was truly lovely. It was all about food, family, and fun as I had hoped for. Brother George came for over a week. Nearly every night we played some type of board game. I did what I promised and fed everyone till they were bursting at the seams. We had the stuffed pork dinner on the 23rd, turkey dinner on the 25th, and lamb dinner on the 27th. That gave us just enough time in between to make a nice dint on the left overs. ....Alistair got us started on Christmas day at about 7 am and then he promptly slept off and on through the rest of the morning completely oblivious to the ridiculously wonderful generosity of the whole extended family. I think he has enough stuff until he's about 3 yrs old.......For New Years Alistair's Uncle Lance, Aunt Bonita and Cousin Hayley joined us. While they were here Lance and Bonita asked us to be Hayley's godparents. It really is a priviledge to be asked. ........Just before Hayley's bedtime we got her to smash the gingerbread house. It took her a bit to get into it but then she was delighted to smash things into little pieces including every single reindeer! As for New Years itself the whole family slowly started to make there way to bed prior to the strike of midnight. Jason, being the good husband he is, stayed up with me till 12:01 gave me a kiss and headed off to bed.....Well it really is amazing what has all passed under the bridge for us this past year. We just feel so fortunate to beable to say goodbye to 2009 with smiles on our faces. Happy New Year Everyone! ((HUGS)) to all ~ Julie



4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! We spent New Years with my family at the ranch. After a nice roast dinner we played games ate more, drank and then after midnight went for a sleigh ride. I was a great night until the girls woke bright and early to welcome 2010! ( I guess I should not have put them to bed at eight) One great thing about kids is that they wake with a smile on their faces, excited about every new day. See you soon!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And awonderful new year for you too.
    Sam became a new grandfather again on Dec.31 2009 , ending a frustrating year on a postive note. Little Kail David Dawson MacDonald weighed in at just over 6 lbs. Both Sam and his father are David Mac Donald so Sam's chest is a little broader these days ( if that is possible)
    The Mink family also closed off 2009 with great news as well with the announcement of Chris and Sarah's engagement. Another party comin' upin May . Also enjoy your blog Julie stay healthy love auntie rosi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie
    Happy New Year to you and your family, and I hope it's a good one for you all. Still loving the blog, sometimes my internet connection will not let me comment, but I check it often, and like reading about how Alistair is getting on. Will try and send a 'proper' e mail at some point, but as I'm sure you can appreciate it's fairly busy with 2 under 2's! Love all your photos on the blog too, it's lovely to see, especially Alistair's smiles, they look pretty special!
    Love from us all,
    Lisa, Harold, Emma and Kelly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie:
    Love your blog with all the pictures and Thanks for the card with pictures, much appreciated. Get to see pictures of Lis on your blog which is great, haven't heard from her in awhile, busy with Alistair, I think. All the best to you all for 2010, hope it will be a good year with Alistair developing his skills...........Anita

    ReplyDelete