Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moose Poop

I have no idea why I can't get this pic of my kid to come in straight....strange computer...you'll just have to give your neck some exercise to check out this cute pic!

Mummy and son checkin out the camera~!

Well Alistair is sure in love with eatting. The only issue is mama wasn't thinking and he consumed half a banana and became constipated. Yes bananas bung you up. I should have known better as when working in Emerg we'd tell parents about the BRAT diet when kids came in with loose bowels. BRAT stands for bananas, rice, applesauce and toast and they work as good "binders". I know half a banana seems like a lot but everything says to keep feeding until they don't want anymore and he kept opening wide! So yep finally after Alistair gave birth to a moose poop...not a rabbit pellet or a deer poop...a moose poop....I decided I better give the little guy a laxative. I must say he was happy. It generally would be against my better judgement to give a laxative but the poor kid was needing something! .............For Christmas Grandma Hedges gave Alistair a "Munchkin" baby food grinder. You can check it out at this link http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=24 I love this thing. I hadn't given baby food much thought apart from rice cereal. So when I got this thing I figured I'd give it a go and now I really can't see buying any baby food. Its so basic. For instance, tonight I gave Alistair a sweet potato, avocado, rice cereal and breast milk concoction and he loved it. I found this great website http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ on easy homemade baby food ideas. Like slicing up advocado and freezing it on a cookie sheet and throwing it in a zip lock. Then you can take whatever proportions you need. Makes meals easy........As for the cloth diapering its still a go! Yep were on day 8 and its working like a charm. The biggest issue was getting around diaper rash especially with the chinese prefold diapers as he stays pretty wet with them but those fuzzibunz work like a charm! As for the real dirty diapers mom gave me the great advice to throw the diaper in the toilet (holding on to one corner of course!) give it a scrub with the toilet brush and then flush. It works brilliantly and then I throw them in a large pail beside the toilet. Easypeasy and reduces any issue of staining! ....So yep thats some of the exciting turn of events this last week......Alistair is obviously a lot more aware of his surroundings which we're all enjoying and he has turned into a thumb chewer!....Toodaloo till next time~Juels


No comments:

Post a Comment