Sunday, October 28, 2012

Heading Home thru Winter Wonderland

Heading back home to BC we got some gorgeous scenery.
Everything just looked sugar coated ...my favorite!
Actually my favorite is when spruce trees such as these are laden with wet snowman snow. It almost looks like youre looking into a cartoon the way they present themselves.
The bighorn sheep were strutten their stuff down the highway enjoy the salt left behind by the road crews.
Could it get anymore beautiful?
Well as you can see the kids were more than delighted when we finally decided to call it quits with the driving and grab a hotel in Jasper. What is it about kids and being naked? They love it!
Francis was soon off to Never Never Land
Alistair on the other hand has been eatting like crazy since the therapy and well en route one has to use some critical thinking to make things work. We love corners!
However, he did finally call it quits. One of my ingenious moves was buying a chunk of memory foam. I got it originally as I noticed Alistair was a lot more mobile on moms lush carpet. So it now lives in the middle of our living room. However, its also super convenient to roll up and slide in between the front and back seats. So its been to the beach, friends houses, stops on the side of the highway and so on. Anyhow, until now I had been using the playpen for Alistair but it just has gotten too small for him. So at Georges I should have taken a picture of his sleeping arrangement. But bascially I squished this foam into a closet so that it wrapped up the sides and then I just had to block off the end with a laundry basket and Alistair had an instant bed. So as the picture shows above we did something similar at the hotel and it worked like a charm!
I finally had to try to let Alistair stretch out in the truck. Thats the bummer with the snow I couldn't lay out the foam on the ground and give him a break. So thats what I'm hoping to beable to do with the van thats coming is make a little area that I can use to change his diaper or let him stretch out for a few minutes as we all can use a break now and then.

VIDEO: Alistair at home on his new deck....which is almost finished!
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment