Friday, July 20, 2012

Francis Baby Shower & Alistair's THIRD Bday

Well this is going to be another slew of pictures! Its crazy how time flies now that there are two kidlets to keep me running. I would love to post a ton more just in writing and I constantly think of things I'd love to write about but with my whole plan to get out of the house more, do a bit of secretary work for Jason's business, be mom to two, wife to one (LOL) and well just live its near impossible to get time in to post! Anyhow, the majority of these pictures were taken on July 8th which was Alistair's third bday if you can believe it. My sister in law, Bonita, put on a lovely day and the weather was just perfect for us all to just lounge out on the front lawn and enjoy kicking back. It was perfect to combine both the bday and baby shower as it just made for a bigger party!


Francis obviously got in a ton of cuddle time. Uncle George was definitely a favorite to cuddle. He was home prior to this but unfortunately was quite sick and being a tad on the cautious side he held off holding her last time. So he definitely made up for it this trip.

 It was so nice of Bonita to take on the shower. Especially considering the fact they are in the midst of moving to PG from Ft St John. It'll be so nice to have more family in town and also have the cousins growing up knowing each other. Here is Rebecca attempting to figure out Jason.
 Francis & Alistair received so many beautiful gifts.

I wanted to make Alistair a cake as that was something that Mom always did for us and it was so fun to see what she'd come up with this year. After a bit of googling I decided to go with the popular cupcake idea. It turned out super fun and some kids definitely got their share of sugar depending on the cupcake they chose.
 There were a bunch of kids of all ages around.
 It didn't take long for the kids to realize they could have an absolute blast with the sprinkler hose and a few umbrellas. Everyone got soaked and giggled all the way through!
 There was just a lovely turn out of people: old friends from elementry school, neighbours, family friends, soccer buddies, old family friends, and more!

 The casual atmosphere suited the gorgeous day.
One of the little boys brought Alistair a happy bday banner, that totally warmed my heart.
 I'm just sneaking this picture in as I love Alistairs expression. I've been trying to get lots of one on one kidlet time with each other.
 On top of having a baby shower at our house one of my friends from work also put on another baby shower a couple weeks prior.
She just went all out. There were tons of helium ballons, this fantastic watermelon, and just great company.
 Lisa, on the left in the blue, held Alistair for me while I opened presents. She truly is an incredible mother of four and was so gentle and loving with Alistair. So many people are unsure how to physically handle let alone emotionally connect with Alistair. Lisa had him wrapped around his finger in no time. Plus her kids took a great interest in both Alistair and Francis, to the point it brought me to tears as it just felt so good.

 Here are Lisa's three beautiful daughters all desperate to have a turn cuddling Little Miss Francis.
 Chelsea had lots of cuddle time too!
 When it was time to head out Lisa's three girls helped with all the goodies to the truck and waved us all goodbye!
Francis (and I) were completely spoilt with all the lovely gifts from both showers. Having a gathering of these sorts is very humbling and heart warming at the same time.
Thank You to all for the warm wishes, lovely gifts, beautiful cards and special phone calls. It really made for a fabulous celebration! :D

3 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks for sharing and posting so many amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given Alistair's little face: he knows exactly who Francis is and that he is the big brother! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Tricycle Suppliers

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete