Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

Mom, Jason, & I put our heads together briefly and this is what we came up with!

Alistair is smiling a whole bunch now!


Hangin out in his little halloween outfit



Lookin pretty spiffy




Catching him just after a big smile!


Hello Hello!


Well life has pretty much gotten back to normal for us. Alistair still isn't sure he wants to do the holding your own head up thingy but he is slowly putting effort into it here and there. The physiotherapist came out the other day and gave me some pointers in helping him with rolling over on his tummy and head control. He's just so content to not progress. So with a little "rolly polly" time with each diaper change and a few different positions were helping him along. He also likes to hyperextend a lot so we're trying to get him to do the opposite as like the PT said the hyperextension doesn't help him progress its the flexion. I'm also starting to put him in his carseat each day in the house here. I'm hoping that he'll get accoustomed to it prior to heading to Vancouver. So we will see. You know I was thinking about why he's such a Mr Fusspot when it comes to being outside and getting in the carseat and my rational is that most kids are outside and in a carseat within 24 hrs of birth where as Alistair didn't do any of it until he was 9 weeks old. So its just not his normal. So this mama has her work cut out for her in making it his normal. Mind you ......after landing in the hospital due to the seizures that occured after going outside and having a MAJOR meltdown I have to admit I'm very slowly trying to convert him but I am trying! ......I am also getting him more and more on a schedule now. He pretty much sleeps through the night now. My wake up time is 5:30am but I can't complain when he sleeps from 9pm! He's also getting the hang of putting himself to sleep without caudeling for naps. So another bonus....I also massage his legs daily now as he loves it. I first thought the idea of massaging a baby was a lot of hokey pokey pooped but I'll tell you what Alistair is in absolute heaven with it. He coos and smiles away. Its so nice to see......Well we still don't have a stitch of snow here but I hear up north there is 14 inches! I'm still trimming away at my ski trails waiting for the day it will come. But for now I have to admit the sunshine and dry weather is nice for Jason while he's doing outside work.
Well peps...have a good one!
Cheers Julie

4 comments:

  1. Once again would love a cuddle with him at this age. Good luck when you drive down to Vancouver. auntie Rosi
    still in Logan with Isla and Roscoe until November 23rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on your blog forever!!!
    Alistair is soooo sweet!!! I love the picture of him all dolled up for the camera! ( I guess that would be all the pictures! LOL)
    Looks like Halloween was fun!
    I was going to ask you if you wanted to go to Studio Fair with me..I didn't realize it was this weekend already!
    I have a coffee date at 1pm, but I'm thinking of going around 2-2:30ish..let me know if you want to come with!
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't check your blog as much as i should(not a big fan of computers),but the pictures are so sweet. kisses from grammie. i have one on my screen, so when i walk into the room he is looking at me. grammie and grampie wish you the best on your trip to the island.I've been keeping grampie up to date on Alistair.He has been working 24days ,12hours. i don't get to talk to him much.say hi to liz. love polly

    ReplyDelete