Saturday, November 14, 2009

CT OVER WITH....

Hangin Out With Rocco

Alistair Snoozin During His CT

Well we went and got through the whole CT thing. I planned it out so that he last fed at 5 am and then I gave him a nice big feed just before the CT. He zonked right out for the whole thing. I was determined that he would go that route as they were saying they like to try to CT babes without anesthetic but if it doesn't work they try again with it. So I figured over my darn body was he going to have two CTs! So thankfully it worked like clock work. He crashed for a very quick CT. It literally was 30 seconds and bam it was over. I think I worked my self up over it...actually I know I did as I was somewhat light headed for the process. So thank gaud it was only 30 seconds. They said he was one of the easiest babies they ever scanned! Yahoo Alistair....We were to come back at 1:30 pm for a visit with the Pediatrician so instead of heading back out to the farm we went and had a pow wow with my old elementry school bud...Lisa and her 1 yr old son Rocco. It was super nice to get out of the house. Once things normalize somewhat we're going to try and get together on a weekly basis. Actually once we're back from our week of marathon appointments in Vancouver I think I'll go buy a stroller as there are a couple great indoor tracks here in PG. One at the multiplex and one up at the university. Just another way to get out and about and keep myself somewhat sane. I'm determined to try and normalize my life and get away from such a medical focus. Maybe a weekly swim and a couple weekly social outtings and perhaps a biweekly cross country ski on the farm. We'll just see how that goes. Moms game to help me out with that which is SO AWESOME as I think or rather I know my brain desperately needs it....Well we went and saw the Pediatrician and we didn't get the best of news. There is no signs of lesions, tumors, growths...however there appears to be a fair amount of fluid around the brain and possible concerns with brain structure. HOWEVER....it "could also be a variation of normal". Dr. Earl did say they do read the CT's here in PG quite cautiously so perhaps when we see the neurologist down south it'll be a bit of a different story... but needless to say he is concerned with Alistair's overall development. So ya thats it....definitely not the easiest news to take for any of us but like Jason said it won't change anything. We still will love him and take care of him as we were before. ONE STEP AT A TIME......Anyhow on a more positive note Alistair decided to flip himself over from front to back yesterday and he is also attempting some flexion head control. So I'm just hoping he proves the medical world all wrong. There really is nothing we can do...so I'm going to try and focus on what I can change such as focused physio session, love, and good food!
K Cheers for now
Julie

Alistair and Rocco dancing to classical music

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juels!
    Did you ever find that cd online?
    Thank you for the visit..very theraputic!
    Sorry to hear you didn't get the best news at the ped....but there is so many different variables! I wonder if you are going to hear something different every app. you have.
    It's enough to make a person nuts!
    I say go with your strong mama instincts...Talk to you soon, and sending lotsa love! xoxo L

    ReplyDelete