Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Little Things!

I finally got a good picture of him (not so great of me LOL) lying his head on my shoulder. You know the average mom takes this for granted ie the tummy to tummy head on your shoulder cuddles. Well my little kidlet until very recently NEVER would put his head on my shoulder. Actually his favorite position is his back to my front. Its funny ALL people try to pick Alistair up and put him in this position and generally he goes into what I'd call the Peter Pan pose....toes pointed, arms straight back, and head hyperextended! So when I get the pleasure of this cuddle of love I absolutely LOVE it. Slowly but surely we get more and more little tastes of what "normal" is all about.

I also am floored regarding how much Alistair suddenly wants to be a little chatter box. I was having a mummy moment in the last week concerning myself with his lack of verbalizing and then he must have felt my stress because he's chatting morning, noon, night, midnight, early am,...and on! : D So i'm delighted and he seems to be holding his mouth a tad different too which is creating all sorts of new sounds to come out of those little lips.

Anyhow thought I'd share my delight! Enjoy the chatterbox video. Julie
PS I should just mention about my previous blog...one can still become dependent on that laxative its just the least likely of laxatives to cause dependence and for Alistair at the moment the benefits far outway the risks of being on the low dose. The pediatrician actually mentioned that since he has hypotonia (low central muscle tone) this low muscle tone could transfer to his gutt as well. So I'm hopefull that its mainly due to his lack of mobilization and fluid consumption and that the word laxative will become a thing of the past just like his regurg has!


No comments:

Post a Comment