Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back Tracking

As you have read life has been a bit .....busy?......hectic?.....So now that I have a moment to back track I'd love to go back and share more on our whole Alberta trip. The first half of our trip we stayed with Uncle George and commuted to Sherwood Park for more ABM Therapy for Alistair with Carla.
Everyone asks how it went. Did we see any benefits? How did he react? You know its always hard to say. Having a kidlet like Alistair the changes are golden but they are minuscule. For instance, the whole road trip to Alberta Alistair had his legs stretched out and on the back of the chair in front of him. But after a set of sessions with Carla he relaxed his legs like the picture below while en route all the way home. In some respects he also seems to be more aware of his body. He sits with me a little taller, he sits up to toys a little longer, and he just seems to use his body a tad more purposefully. Ya its hard to tell. Plus as the mom I want to see things. I want to see change. So am I just seeing what I want to? I don't think so. Both times after the ABM Therapy I've come home and Jason's felt their are changes. Yes he's Dad but when he notices I take note!
Whatever the case I am organizing enough people for Carla to work with here in PG. I've got a total of four which solidifies the deal so I'm delighted! Mainly as I'd like to see how he benefits with no major road trip prior along with the daily two hours of driving. Whatever the case he loves the therapy. He provides a lot of signs of enjoyment during the lessons and he even falls asleep sometimes as he becomes so relaxed.
 Uncle George made it out to a session. Its nice as I get someone else's perspective on the therapy that's looking from the outside in. He seems impressed with the whole philosophy and process. I tell people to be honest as I don't want to dump money in an area if it truly isn't benefiting him.
Francis, thankfully, just gets a kick out of life. She seems to be absorbing everything that is and isn't happening around her. She just loves life which makes it easier with all the travel and change.
Even though we had so much travel time during the day we came back to Uncle George's apartment every day to relax.
It was fantastic. He made us some yummy meals, the view was gorgeous, and the down time was pleasantly uncomplicated. 
We got to just be silly.
 Plus we were able to visit some of George's friends whose son Ben just LOVED Alistair. I wish we had more time with them as the direct physical contact was fantastic for my little man.
 Anyhow, I never use to appreciate what people saw or got from the city of Edmonton.
 However, each time I go I find I enjoy it all the more.
 
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog again Julie, hope next time thru PG I am up for a visit Auntie Rosi

    ReplyDelete