Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of Preschool

 Well I just can't believe this day arrived. My little man went to his first day of preschool today. I was sure it was going to be a total right off as his preschool is from 9-1130 and of course thats when Alistair decides to nap. Being that it was his first day it was a shorter day really just to get paper work sorted and get a bit more familiar with the area. The funny thing is I gave him some melatonin last night was we really feel we are going to have to provide him with some sort of sleep aide to help him get the rest he needed. Well he slept like a rock from 8pm to 4am and then he was so super hyper and excited that it was like it was Christmas morning. Anyhow fortunately he made it from 9-1030 before the melt down started. Thats heaps better than what I could have dreamed of for the first day. Plus he was Mr Smiley Pants.
 Anyhow, if we can get a handle on his sleep schedule and get him in the groove for preschool three times a week life will be truly dreamy. I'm just pleased that he'll get some new stimulation added to his life especially when he seems to be going through a nice little progression stint. Life is good!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things well. Cute pic.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! He will do well I am sure,....Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photo of Alistair, Julie. Lots of love your way from Athens. Kie and I had a super 1 1/2 days here and are off to the island of Mykonos tomorrow a 5 hour trip on a huge luxury ferry! Sunshine relaxation and Greek food. I have Kiersten all to myself for another 10days. whoo hoo! cheers auntie Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be difficult for him to adjust to a new sleeping schedule just as classes are about to start. I think you should have had started his new sleep schedule routine weeks before his first day so he would be able to adjust at his own pace. Anyway, how is he doing in school nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Pediatric Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete