Friday, June 1, 2012

♥ Videos to Warm Your Heart! ♥


Hi.... So I've got a couple of videos to share with you... this first one you have to click on the link as I had to upload it to youtube as it was a tad too big (by three seconds or so) for the blog. BUT its super cute. Its the first little video of Francis and it's when she's only one day old...not even actually. So click on the link below and get a nice little smile!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4gfQOC7a4&list=HL1338527507&feature=mh_lolz
This next video is of Alistair in a little pool contraption that I bought online. Its made specifically for higher needs kids. I was skeptical regarding how well it would work for Alistair. As the main part I was really buying was this floatation ring that goes around the neck...yeppers the neck. Anyhow, I set it up and Alistair tried it for the first time today and he really enjoyed it! Lots of giggling and moving his extremities. What I'm hoping to get out of it is a better sleeping son! LOL I say this as he really doesn't have much he does that wears him out. So I figure his 930pm to 4am regular sleep schedule could maybe possibly lengthen with some extra physical activity..In this particular video he has his legs pretty straight. However, as he spent time in the pool he got more and more relaxed and then had his legs bent a lot. His first go he was in the pool for 20 minutes! I was so pleased! So he did sleep till 6am rather than 4am today so who knows if its because of the pool but I'm definitely going to try it out again and see if there is a pattern!

Well all is going well. Yesterday was day six and I'm feeling pretty darn good. Plus last night I got a great sleep which makes today going to be even better! On my fourth day post partum I had to take Francis in to the doctor for a regular check up and she had almost gained all out weight back. They like to see the babies weigh the same as their birth weight by one week as the little kidelts always drop initially. As for myself, I jumped on the scale hoping to be under 200lbs as I got up to a nice healthy 214! lol Anyhow, to my delight I was 191 lbs! So only 25 lbs to loose to get back to my preprego weight....breast feeding did wonders for that department when I was prego with Alistair so here's hoping the same goes for Francis :D

3 comments:

  1. Glad so hear everyone is doing well, Julie you weighed exactly what i did when i had hunter but its not hard to loose the kids are both sweet cant wait till we finally get to meet them ;)is there anything you need? as there is a birthday coming for Alistair?
    Justin, Crystal and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jules
    I am loving both of the videos, but especially the one of Alistair, he looks so free and easy, and obviously loving it!
    Glad to hear that hectic family life with two kids is going well so far, and that you are getting to enjoy things going well. Keep posting the photos (when you get time!) they're lovely to see. You have such gorgeous kids!
    Take care all of you.
    Love from Lisa, Harold, Emma and Kelly. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie congratulations, your baby girl is beautiful. I LOVE the tub and neck ring you are using with Alistair. I would love to know where you got it on line. I see a little baby with NO neck or trunk musculature but LOTs of leg movement. I tried a regular swimming pool ring in a tub with him and it was OK but cumbersome. That little hydrotherapy contraption and ring is fabulous! I would love the internet site. This is Pat the PT that briefly saw you when Alistair was a wee one. Love following his progress on your blog. Please let me know via patboylept@comcast.net. Congratulations again, there is nothing better than leaving the hospital with your entire family! Pat

    ReplyDelete