Sunday, June 14, 2009

Keeping you posted!






Well i figured that since i have been advised to put my feet up 3x a day for 3 hours each I may as well get into this blogging thing. I figure this way you all can keep posted with how little Alistair progresses inside, and once he's outside his massive swimming pool he so seems to love at the moment! Today we hit the 35 week mark which is a great relief to me. Every day that goes by gives Alistair that much more strength to survive out in the real world. So for those of you that don't know there is a total of 40 weeks in a pregnancy for the little guy to meet full term. So 5 weeks to go! I have been informed that I will be induced between 39 & 40 weeks. Basically this means that medication will be used to start labour if I haven't done so already on my own. This willl be done as stats show that there is an increase in mortality within the womb if children with CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia) are not delivered prior to 40 weeks.

Jason was just down to visit for a week which was great timing as there were A LOT of appointments scheduled then. In that week we got in two ultrasounds, 3 home visits assessing Alistairs heart, two meetings with two seperate perinatologist, a meeting with the general surgeon, and a meeting with a neonatologist who gave us a tour of the NICU as well. So needless to say it was a super busy week. However, it was nice for both of us to beable to be together during this time so that we could grasp the reality of it all together.

I am feeling great physically and mentally now that I am settled into the big city. This last week Alistair has really picked up on the activity level. He obviously likes the evenings as my stomach starts doing the wave from about 7pm to 9pm. It really is quite bizzare to see him rolling about in there!

Well we'll see how well i keep up on this blogging thing. I'm really hoping that it will be nice for all of you following the birth more so than prior to.

K Love to All! Julie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Julie... thinking of you and your family and wishing guys a smooth journey! I can`t wait to see you next week! yay... until then, my heart goes out to you!
    hugs!
    katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jules
    Great idea to start a blog, I will be checking regularly to see if you can keep it up! Thank you for keeping everyone updated, it's nice to know what is happening.
    I think you sound amazingly positive, and that can only be helping, so keep it up. I think of you often, and keep hoping good thoughts to help you!
    Take care, and wishing you all the luck in the world.
    Lots of love, Lisa, Harold and Emma. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie....thanks for all the updates. I find myself thinking about you often lately. I'm pretty sappy about anything baby now that I have one of my own.
    Great name for little Alister (sp?).
    Here's to another 4.5ish weeks on the inside!!
    cheers
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, thanks for the great venting session the other day. Your super! I Love the blog! Sandra

    ReplyDelete