Tuesday, June 23, 2009

36 weeks 2 days!











So I'm not sure how often some of you may have thought I'd blog. But i really have no idea what I'd write about on a daily basis, as I'm sure you don't want to hear about daily intake, number of kicks, bowel habits etc...! So for now I was thinking about once a week! Maybe more once the little guy decides to join the outside world.

Life is going along tickideeboo. I am of course ecstatic that we've hit 36 weeks (and two days now!) Every day counts! Today I had my weekly ultrasound and checkup with the perinatologist. Alistair is growing, not as fast as the average little gaffer but he's growing! He now is an aproximately 5 lbs! Yes I have all that tummy and just a little guy. I actually have decreased fluid levels around him which is expected and ok. This is likely why I am sleeping and feeling better than when we were at 32 weeks. So bonus for that. His heart is also ticking along nicely, still with no concerns ....so another bonus.

As for me I am feeling really supported and time is flying by rather quickly. All my bridesmaids have been down in the last couple of weeks. Marcy visited the weekend before last and treated me to lots of good food, a bunch of chinwagging, and to the aquarium to see the little baby baluga. Then this last weekend I had Candace down who pampered me with a pedicure and over 4 days we were able to sort out the worlds problems. I also got a surprise visit from my bud Lise while Candace was down so lots of visitors. Now I get to look forward to my brother this weekend. So no end of visitors.

On top of the visitors I've had even more support whether it is dinner and a movie with my cousin Bo or incredilbly supportive and touching E-mails/phone calls from old and new friends and family. It is really incredible to me how people have reached out and I just want you to all know I really have been touched by all your kind words and support. I will be passing on all the good vibes to Alistair and Jason!

Alistair has definitely kicked it up a notch! Literally! When Candace was down she would sit in a chair across the room and could see Alistair booting me up a storm. The belly definitely does some wave action at times!

Well people...I sure appreciate the support!
I'll keep you posted!
Cheers Julie

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Julie, thinking about you lots as the days tick away for you.
    Here I am in Ft. Smith , NWT with Sam and Wes Regan( Robin's grandfather).
    We are on our own adventure!!!!!!!!!!!

    take care auntie Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie:
    Good to know that you and Bump are doing well.
    Today is Grad day so that's it after about 5 tonite. Not sure what's happening for next year -- long story -- will catch you up when we visit sometime in August.
    I have a "Baby Sherpa" on order for you. Yer Mom's old diaper bags they ain't!!!! Make do with grocery sack 'till I get there. Ha Ha Ha
    Your time for being pampered and spoiled rotten is running out!!!!!
    Hang in there-----I'm rootin' for ya!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete