Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Birthday Girl

 This little lady was so thrilled to turn FOUR! It only seems like yesterday she was learning to crawl and we were certain we had created a kidlet with dark hair and ringlets for life!
 She truly cracks me up. I love the blatant honesty and zest for life. Everything seems to interest her and she has a question for everything from the purpose of the yellow lines on the road to whether when your dead if bees will be there too!
She definitely keeps me on my toes attempting to find a simple yet truthful answer for all our fascinating questions. I love it....most days! Yet at times I'm sure the needle got stuck on the record player when I think there is no way I could here MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM.....one more time in a row.
Francis is lovely for making me remember to see and look for all the wonderful simplistic things that surround us and revel in it.  Yet, there is no doubt that there is a good chunk of me in her make up as she is one feisty little character when she wants to be. I'm constantly telling myself to stop and enjoy these wonderful quirky moments as it surprises me to no end how fast this little lady will pass by ages and stages.
I find it entertaining how she can't get enough of pink and purple and everything "Frozen" these days but then turns around and loves to fish with her dad and go "jumping in muddy puddles".
 We have had her birthday out at the farm two years in a row now and I've been told this is where its at from now on. I love it as very little planning needs to happen. They just come out and start running and exploring which is so fun when a group of them are together.
 Miss Francis continues to be her caring and inclusive self. She gets frustrated with her brother and bops him on the nose yet turns around and begs to feed him and crawls up and bed and asks to sleep with him the night. It'll be interesting to see how this relationship evolves as her sister Luella has definitely proved to be a little bit more entertaining however she surprises me how she considers her brother. She's a little thinker.
As usual we had a little family birthday party for her and then a kidlet one and it was all about food, family and fun!
 Already I'm trying to slow things down and take in all these lovely moments. It may sound cliche but I can not believe how time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment