Saturday, March 15, 2014

Surprise!

 
 Jason had the big "4" - "0" here on March 4th. I wanted to make it a little extra special and was racking my brain for the past year with how I could make it memorable. If you know me I tend to fly by the seat of my pants with these types of things and suddenly realize I should've done some prep work. Well it finally dawned on my there was really nothing i could buy for Jason to make it extra special as he really doesn't put a lot of weight on materialistic things. Then it clicked! If I could get his brothers out and make it a total surprise that would be the icing on the cake. It was a big endevour for all as Justin had to come out from Cape Breton which is over 6200km away and BJ had to come from Manitoba  a slightly shorter hop skip and a jump of 2100km. Well believe it or not we made it work and to top it off we got both boys coming off the plane at the very same time. I sent Jason up to the airport with him thinking he'd be grabbing my brother. So of course Jason was fashionably late and he used the excuse with me that George may meet a "lady on the flight and the last thing he'd want for me to do is turn up on time." Anyways, George had driven unbeknown to Jason and was also at the airport. So due to the late arrival of Jason the boys were able to stage it and have Justin and BJ surprise Jason from behind. I guess he "didn't say a word for at least five seconds". The picture captures his pure surprise perfectly.
 We topped it all off with  Jason's ultimate feast of steak and lobster feast with some close friends and family.
 All the guys stayed for a week and the house was alive with laughter.
 I don't think they missed a night without board games and of course a brew or two ;D
Francis made sure everyone stayed inline.
 I didn't get a shot of Jason in it but he did wear this specialized shirt I made him to go along with the numerous bottles of whiskey people gifted him.
 This is a bunch of the boys at the start of the evening. Even Alistair was out at the fire for a good hour keeping the testosterone levels high.
 Well as you can see we had lots of kids, lots of food, and lots of laughs.
May the next forty years be as good as the last!
Love you hun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment