Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Proof is in the Pictures!

yes life has been more than hectic to say the least but heres our little munchkin snoozin away with no care in the world!
O Yes and here he is again SNOOZIN! Actually it seems to be a bit of a habit for him. He gets through half his breaky or half is dinner and suddenly he's in snooze mode! Its quite cute actually as the eyes are closed but the mouth keeps going.
So heres the proof of why I haven't been on the blog bloggin! Yikarooey hey. This plastic was for all the stipling Jason was doing on the ceiling. Looks like we're prepping for a haunted house but no sireeeee!
Here's the kitchen with me cuttin in. I did the whole upstairs : priming, and two coats on EVERYTHING up stairs....ceilings and all in ONE week. I hate to admit it but my shoulders were sore. Jason took time some well deserved time off from the house and watched Alistair at
Mom's while I painted frantically. I think I got a little toxic from the vino and fumes i took in over the week! : D (Just a little tip...painting is a lot more enjoyable with a glass of Shiraz!)
To my surprise floors have to be leveled prior to applying flooring so heres Jason as a busy body prepping prepping prepping!
A little grin for you all! The kitchen was the first room and thanks to my buddy Lise and her mom Margaret Dahlstrom I ended up painting my house the following colors which look FAB: sancturay, swiss coffee, baked biscotti, artic ocean, terra cotta, and seashore pebble.
I LOVE my kitchen...we're going to wait till next year for the cupboards but we have put together a very doable kitchen! To be seen in the near future
Jason couldn't get over how many floors we had under the floor if you get what I mean. When he dug deep enough he found a beautiful fir floor but unfortunately it didn't go through the whole house and wouldn't have worked to make it part of our new home so its still hiding under our new floor!
Jason every so jolly doing more stippling
A little R & R time for daddy and Alistair. Alistairs doning his new touque crocheted by Auntie Bonita
To top it off we got a tad of snow to keep us busy as well!
I was the shoveler while Jason prepped the house. Great work out for the biceps.
It was pretty exciting when we got to this stage. Especially for Jason as he's put so many hours into this house. ~ Our cherry birch flooring
Daddy watching some Baby Eienstein videos. Which I thought were a load of #$&* to start but actually they are quite good and Alistair seems quite intrigued by the whole thing.
Jason has been amazing at getting Alistair to do a lot of sitting and its so neat to see him actually want to sit rather than having to force him to.
Jason also enjoys getting Alistair to "fake crawl" and Alistair gets some giggles out of it. Well I hope all of you are having a fab start to 2011. One thing I learned forsure in 2010 is your support system if the key to keep you going in the right direction and staying mentally and physically healthy. So keep those supports close to you or reach out and be a support as you never know until you really need to be supported how import being a support is! (did that make sense?) Cheers peps! ~ Julie
your

4 comments:

  1. Julie that looks like a lot of work! You three musthave a lot of energy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read you post. House looks great. Alastair looks like he has grow a lot since I last seen him.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, looks like your new house is coming along, lots of work! And those are some major snow drifts you shoveled :) Good to see how Alistar is doing!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading your blog the last couple of days, and partly they are very informative and partly they make me cry. I am from PG and heading down to Van next week because I'm 35 weeks pregnant with a baby girl who has CDH. The whole experience seems like it is going to be so overwhelming and with so many possible problems after the birth. It is however, good to read about someone elses experiences so I can somewhat prepare myself. I wish all the best to your son and your family. Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete