Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Belated Mothers Day!

Well all I can say is that I had no idea whatsoever what motherhood was about or entailed until I become one myself! Wow! Hats off to all of you! Now I really understand what it means when you say I'm "JUST a stay at home mom!" Just my foot! I've truly never been so busy in my life! And honestly if I took away Alistair's medical issues I'd still be darn busy! Even when he's down for a sleep I'm running around with my head cut off (well not quite ...that would likely be very unproductive!!) trying to clean up the mess we/he made, get in some laundry, prep his next meal, do the dishes, vacumn, plan supper, get business stuff organized, get his meds sorted, organize all Alistairs appointments with Jason and mine........blah blah blah....or perhaps whaw whaw whaw! Anyhow, its the greatest responsibility I've ever had! It still at times shocks me to think I'm someones Mom. Actually, when I got up in the morning Jason had this lively bouquet and card for me and I just started to well up with tears as I read the card....Wow I'm a Mom! (Some of you are likely saying No S#*T Sherlock) But seriously its quite something to wake up on Mothers Day and be one of THEM even though I have been a mom for the past 10months!....So ya it was a great day. Jason made Mom and I french toast for breakfast and then I cuddled my little man all day. I think the poor little gaffer is teething as he suddenly was a little Niagra Falls at the mouth and he just wanted to cuddle and suck on my chin! Actually, it was lovely as he suddenly fell asleep on my shoulder. This is huge as he doesn't even put his head on my shoulder! ......it was a wonderful Mothers Day gift.

These were taken after I left him momentarily in the chair with his spoon to return to a modern art show of carrots a la face! I guess he can put that down as his first facial.

I have meant to add these photos of Jason's deck from the latest home show here at the end of April. We really lucked out and got a prime spot that was 20 X 30 feet for half the cost. So if you remember the pictures I posted of the deck in the last home show, it was a mini version of this one. Jason added to it to attract a little more attention and show off some more of his talent. It was well worth it. This show attracts 20,000 visitors annually and we were situated right where they bought the tickets! So yes it was a definite bonus for us. Plus on top of it Jason was able to get rid of this particular deck right after the show. So double bonus! Needless to say Jason is now working like a mad man and has his brother and another good worker helping him.

Well if you are twiddling your thumbs this weekend and are looking for something to do the Prince George Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children's Society is putting on a "Silent Walk" and bbq in Ft George Park at 11am this Sunday. Its a fundraiser to send deaf and hard of hearing children to an Adventure Day Camp out at Ness Lake this summer. So if you want to come for a walk, support the society, and or buy a hot dog ...come on out! Cheers Julie

2 comments:

  1. Happy first mother's day! Looks like you had a great day. Count down till I am done work. I will try to call soon.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Mother's Day! Julie & Lis. Jason, if you lived closer I would love to have you do some work for me! All the best to you all.

    ReplyDelete