Sunday, February 28, 2010

GOLDEN OLYMPICS

Wow what an Olympics! I have to say that I have feelings on both sides of the fence regarding the Olympics. When rural schools are being closed or important programs are being axed such as those in the Child Development Centre due to a lack of funding it does make one wonder where are priorities lie. However, I've watched a ridiculous amount of the Olympic games on t.v. and have absolutely loved it. Its not just watching our Olympians take home a medal but more so the patriotism it has brewed throughout our country. Canadians are not known for this and I LOVE seeing red and white being worn with such pride! My brother George decided in the last minute to buy tickets to five events including the closing ceremony and take my cousin Bo to the gold medal hockey game and Mom to everything else which included the gold medal womens curling event! So needless to say they are in the thick of it and mom updates me regularly. She said its so neat down there as the vibes are incredible. Everyone is enthused and she said "even when we took the bus out to the bobsled event this young looking punk with his face completely pierced and his hair all over the place stood up and offered his seat to me!" She has been having a fabulous time and it sounds like the whole experience gives one faith in the human race in more ways than one! Which I think people in this country needWe've all been hit pretty hard with the recession along with many sad situations around the world so for something to give people such patriotism and positive energy across Canada is this not priceless??? Well people what I can say is I'M PROUD TO BE CANADIAN!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully put Julie. And yes I too am so proud to be Canadian and I love my flag.

    ReplyDelete